Friday, June 19, 2009

MUSIC FOR PERSONAL EXCELLENCE

Hi! I'm Vijayalakshmi, daughter of Srimathi Rukmini & Sri Varadharaj. Currently doing my Ph.D in Carnatic music through Bangalore University. 

There is a saying – Listening is a fine art and listening to a fine art like music is the finest art

When I think of the role of music in my life, I feel I have so many things to say. 

Firstly, learning music has helped me develop high levels of concentration in whatever job I do since, as any one would appreciate, the technicalities in
music warrant a very high concentration. 

Secondly, music has given me a peace of mind.  My peaceful mind has in turn, enabled me taking the right decision in each step in my life.  Also, it has
enhanced my self confidence, and given me maturity to accept both the positive and negative things alike and move forward in life. 

Thirdly, music has given me an identity.  After all, every person’s aim in life is to create a distinct identity for himself.  I’m immensely pleased when
people recognize me as a singer. 

Of all the above, music has facilitated as a powerful media to connect my sole with the Supreme Lord.  I practically experience this whenever I chant Soundarya
Lahari shlokas in different ragas as taught by my most respected Guru Shrimati Minakshi Ravi. 

Finally, I would state that music has given me every thing, and I would like to be with it for ever. 

You can download & listen to my songs for "FREE!" in
www.cooltoad.com  

in the following link:

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/search.php?TITLE=&ARTIST=&CATEGORY=&RATING=&SINCE=&USER=logica&o=1

Note:

You need to creat a Free  cooltoad.com membership (if you do not have 1) in order to download songs from this site.

ALL GLORIES TO GOD!

No comments: