Saturday, August 17, 2019

Concert with an App


Jalra 3.9 is an interesting app that works in Android platform. It is a free app, which has beautiful Mridangam sound & tambura as well as jalra sounds.

The pitch can be adjusted according to the user’s needs and also the speed of both mrudingam & jalra. We are provided with a very wide range of taalams & nadais in this app. Tambura, mridangam & jalras can be switched on & off individually, which is another interesting feature. Various ‘Fillers’ are given for each taalams. There is a separate nadai given exclusively for Abhangs, which is indeed very nice.

My personal experience in using this app has been fantastic & I use this during my practise every day. I also use this for a very small performences & home concerts. A few years back, I happen to use this app for a 1 hour concert in a senior citizens home in Bangalore, as I could not get any percussion artiste on that day. Attaching the pics of that concert.

I take this opportunity to congratulate & thank the developers of this app. God bless them for this wonderful creation.


No comments: